Friday 12 November 2010

Baby cubes

I've taken a quick break from making felt Christmas stocking decorations (I've posted my Mum the best one yet... but forgot to take a photo!) I kept looking at the gorgeous charm pack from Moda I got this week and was itching to make something pretty with it. I ended up trying to make a baby cube from London Mummy's tutorial. However, it was all to be done by hand as I've still to get a sewing machine (or borrow one from my mother-in-law).
My first attempt at a cube
Things I have since learned from my first attempt of making a cube:
- I need to get the iron out and try and make the fabric look halfway presentable!
- I really need to get my hands on some stuffing!!!

Overall, I'm pretty chuffed with it - even though it's not completed. All I need now is for a mate to have a  baby girl and I'm set.  A friend in Australia has however had a baby boy so I started on the next pack of fabric I received. Moda Punctuation is gorgeous... I'm falling in love with all these gorgeous charm packs more and more each day.

F for Fred
I attempted to add a letter onto one side. Will keep updating progress on here.
Must. Get. Stuffing!

No comments:

Post a Comment