Wednesday 6 April 2011

Girl or Boy?

Hmm. It seems I have a dilemma. It appears the quilt I'm hand sewing - aka "My Very First Quilt" - is a wee bit girly. Especially if my sister pops out a baby boy. I showed my Mum (via Skype) yesterday and she mentioned how pink it was. I've only sewn the top part of the quilt so the next part is to research how to put the backing material and wadding on and make it look pretty.

Girl or boy?
The thought of doing binding gives me the heebyjeebies. I'll see if I can cheat somehow! Would you give this as a gift to a baby boy or not?
TCx

**EDIT: I've just discovered this fantastic tutorial from one of my favourite bloggers on how to bind a quilt.  Seriously, what did we do before the internet?

1 comment:

  1. Wow ! I love your quilt ,it's really colourful and alive.I think your doing brilliantly with your sewing and there's enough blue in it for a boy. It's definitely not girly pink and anyway your sister will be thrilled because you've made it yourself! Love Penny L xx

    ReplyDelete